Monday, June 22, 2009

Quiet Time

Last night at the shift we talked about devotion. Devotion unfortunately is not something I do on a regular basis. I made the comment last night to Heather it seems like the only time we pray (at least for me) it is when there is a wall and we cant get over it. I think many Christians have made Christ there back up tool and only use him when they have no other options. So while talking about devotion in our group Heather challenged us to take 20 min of our day and give it to God. In this 20 min we are suppose to read a proverb, pray, and have quiet time. Quiet time is so hard to find in my life and all I kept thinking about was the NOOMA videos we watched on Noise. I have so much noise in my life that it keeps me from reaching God to my full potential, but I still went forth to have the 20 min with God and allow him to guide me in what ever direction he wants. I read Proverbs 22 and the part that impacted me the most in the whole chapter was verse 17-19. it says, "Listen to the words of the wise; apply your heart to my instruction for it is good to keep these saying deep within yourself, always ready on your lips. I am teaching you today- yes, you- so you will trust in the Lord." I want to be filled with the word of God, I want to be ready in season and out of season with the word of God. I want my heart to in the word so that I may trust in the Lord with all my troubles, with the walls that keep me from continuing my walk with God. As I sat in Quite time at Mylar Park I heard God saying, "Trust in ME!" please pray for me so that I can trust more in the Lord and also pray that I may continue this quiet time with HIM.

Desperately seeking Quiet Time,
Steven

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steven, the timing of this trip to Nicaragua couldn't be more perfect...use the quietness there and I know God will be heard! -Holly

    ReplyDelete