Thursday, June 11, 2009

Giving up my Idol

WOW . . . God has been reveling today. All day I have felt the peace of the Lord on me. I have had so many little issues present themselves to me today and just allowing God to take them and deal with them made my day that much easier. I woke up this morning and continued reading in 1 Samuel 7:3 and I have been reading this the past week. I have some issues in my life that I have a problem letting God take care of. I decide to be leader and take care of them myself and we all know what happens when we try to do that we fail. Before I started attending Element Church almost a year ago I had stepped back in faith and lost the connection I had. Now that I have returned to Christ I still struggle but it is getting better. I read in 1 Samuel 7:3 and it said, “Samuel spoke unto all the house of Israel, saying, If ye do return unto the LORD with all your hearts, then put away the strange gods and Ashtaroth from among you, and prepare your hearts unto the LORD, and serve him only: and he will deliver you out of the hand of the Philistines.” I may be taking this way out of proportion but it helps me see something a little better. I represent the issues in my life as the idols (things that are keeping me away from God and what he wants me to do). If I give up everything and serve God to the fullest then he will rescue be from the bad (which to me are the Philistines). Like I said I may have taken this out of context or looked to deep into it but it has challenged me to be the Israelite and give up everything in my life that is not pleasing to God and seek Him more so He can rescue me from the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment