Saturday, August 20, 2011

Undeserved Privilege

This past week starting a new chapter in my life here in Chicago has been the most amazing thing I have done so far. It is so cool to see how God is so faithful and so awesome that I have this opportunity to be blessed and receive education from the best bible college in the world! I found out this week that about 4000 people applied to this school and this year they did not accept as many students as they do in previous years. around 320 individuals had got accepted and I was blessed to be one of them. Hearing everyone's story on how they got here and how the Lord called them here has not only been fun but encouraging! I love seeing How God has brought forth a group of mighty followers that are going to shake this generation (and it has only been 3 or 4 days and I can see this ha CRAZY!). I ran past this verse this morning and I thought it was fitting for what I have been feeling this week. Romans 5:2 "Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory" (NLT). None of us deserve anything from God. We are unholy and sinful but our Father in heaven has declared us not guilty and because of that he has drawn us close to Himself. I dont deserve to be here, I dont deserve to have the privilege that 3700 other individuals didn't get, but... my Father called me here. He has a plan not only to change me but to change the world. I am so excited to see what happens these next three to four years here at Moody Bible Institute. It will not end here though. I will continue to be changed and challenged by God and He will lead me to new areas and I am so excited. Thank you God for all your doing in my life!!!

In Him,

Steven SDG 

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff. God is going to use you for some amazing things.

    ReplyDelete