Monday, August 22, 2011

Motto for my life

Several months ago Pastor Jeff at Element Church talked about having a motto for your family. I thought how cool would it be to have a motto for myself and for my life. I prayed to God asking him to move me to a verse I can have as a goal, and as a reference I can turn to knowing where He wants my life. Many weeks went by and I continued to pray and finally the Lord lead me to 1 Corinthians 9:26-27 , it says, "So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise I fear that after preaching to others, I myself might be disqualified" NLT. My life is not a game. I don't want to just sit around learning and doing nothing with it. I don't want God to bless me with things and put it on a shelf to collect dust. I am called to be minister unto the world and I will run this race God has placed me in with everything I got! Today was continuing to read in 2 Timothy and I ran across this verse. I want to be able to say this verse in four years when I graduate and even on my death bed... Yes I'm thinking of death. I want my life to be lived out fully and completely on fire for God. I want to make sure when I take my last breath, this verse will wrap up my whole life as an alien on this planet, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. And now the prize awaits me -- the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to His appearing" NLT. For those of you reading this, if you were to die right now are you confident you would be able to believe this about your life? I know as of now I am not! I have so much to start changing so that I can be seen by my God as faithful. Please join me now, start praying and seeking our Mighty God! Pray He starts to change our lives and raise us up to be mighty warriors of His holy army. Man I love God so much and I just want to love Him even more! Like the famous words of Misty Edwards in her song, "I'm in love with a man, I'm in love with a stranger, I'm in love with my maker, whom I have never seen, I'm in love with a lamb, I'm in love with a lion, I'm in love with my savior whom I have yet to know. Oh wont you let me love you more, this is all that I desire, This is all that I require, its my deepest hearts desire, I have one life to live and all I have to give to you is love, so please LET ME LOVE YOU MORE!" Let us live in love and work to reaching our goal in being faithful to our God!

In HIM,
Steven Frausto SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment